SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#226898 - 02/13/08 07:56 PM Re: "Please Help Me I'm Falling.".....................
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Hey Fran. Bout time you learn something about the laws of physics. If you place a heavy object on a small footprint stand, the topple factor increases exponentially. The heavier the top object, the easier it is to topple. A ligher keyboard has a far less chance of toppling on a small footprint stand. Kinda' like trying to balance a brick on a pencil point, if you get my drift. Of course you probably knew that already, but just wanted to stir up some imaginative posts.

Cheers,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#226899 - 02/14/08 07:54 AM Re: "Please Help Me I'm Falling.".....................
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Dave,

I found lots of right angle USB adapters at www.Cyberguys.com and they will solve the clearance problem with the stand. However, what I was trying to come up with is something that would allow the USB to remain plugged in all the time, similar to the PSR-3000s smart media card, which many users utilize like a small hard drive. It just stays in the slot and it is fully protected because it doesn't protrude out. Unfortunately, the Smart Media Card slot in the S-900 was not replaced with either a small hard drive, or some other form of card storage device with high capacity. The USB socket in the back of the keyboard was placed in a location that prevents any plug from being left in place because it would be damaged when the keyboard is placed inside the case.

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#226900 - 02/14/08 03:21 PM Re: "Please Help Me I'm Falling.".....................
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Bummer, man. My PA800 has a neat little "pouch" for the USB drive right on the front panel. I forget it's there sometimes !

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online